Friday, December 08, 2006

Thanksgiving in Sunny California

We made the big trip to California...
I had promised my Granny that we would come for a visit on Thanksgiving so we began planning for the big trip. Of course getting ready for any trip requires lots and lots of work by my hubby. We always joke that he will be late to his own funeral because of all he has to do before he can leave. All the stress and late nights provoked heartattack like symptons in Kiet and we had to rush him to the hospital Sunday morning at 3am. He woke me out of a dead sleep with chest pains and his right side numb and immobile. After many test and an ambulance ride it was determined that he was stressed and dehydrated. Needless to say I was very very scared.

We were able to finally get away on Tuesday morning at 3am. We drove straight through to Porterville and had a great time with my Grandparents and my mom who drove up from Berkeley. On Friday morning we headed out to the coast to visit with my dad, Jeanie, Laura and her new fiance Sacko. I don't think that Kiet much liked walking on the beach with his crutches but he is such a trooper and a great dad. We had lunch at my favorite restaurant in San Luis Obispo, Big Sky.



No comments: